Thursday, October 30, 2014

TBT: Product Review: Hard Candy's Take It Off

This Throwback Thursday is surely to be a hit because it comes back just in time to take your ghostly or ghastly Halloween make up off this weekend. This product is still a daily use, found front and center in my bathroom vanity. So, check out what I had to say about a year ago regarding this cream-based make up remover by Hard Candy called "Take It Off". 


Brand:  Hard Candy
Product: Take It Off 
Review:

     I'm going to try to stay unbiased as this was one of the first ever brands I fell in love with in the cosmetic industry. The other one being Urban Decay. When I was a little girl I lived for trips to the mall just to check out the cosmetic counters or beauty stores. One of the first things I always did was look at Hard Cany's new nail polish colors and the rings adorned on their brush handles. I always wore them with pride even if my manicure was shotty at best. In all honestly, I still have one in my jewelry box today as a reminder of my uninhibited love of all things pretty.  
There she is, my plastic gold sparkly star, right there in the middle.

     My heart hurt when I noticed that Hard Candy was starting to pullback from the market. The timing seemed to work out perfectly. I watched my childhood fade with their presence in the industry. No more ring matching nail polish, sassy shadow pallets or long before it's time my popin' lipgloss. I missed Hard Candy. That is, until 10 years later I saw my old friend in my local big box store.

     It wasn't exactly the same familiarity but I felt it was still kismet. The day I ran out of my trusty cream-based make up remover, I happened upon the display. They were now producing a mass line but still upheld there edgy image. They also offered a lot of the same great products, this time at an affordable price.

   So, I grabbed "Take It Off" their make up remover for only $5! My reliable alternative was priced at $15. It's creamy without being too thick, it removes even waterproof products and leaves no residue or dryness behind. This was the perfect treat for my Halloween trick a.k.a. extremely heavy duty waterproof make up with a lot of primer and setting spray. "Take It Off" is known for being a strong remover, it gloats about even being able to take off glitter. It does not disappoint! 

On a sidenote: ironically this is an affordable alternative to my trusty previous remover which was Urband Decay's Meltdown.

Recommendation: Save some time and $$$ at with this quick, easy and effective remover today!



Update: it's now available in wipes for travel!!! Yay, Hard Candy you continue to rock my world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment