Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Catch Up Chicken Noodle Soup!

Hey guys! I had to take a little hiatus there. So, sorry I've been absent. A lot has been going on in life. On the down side my grandmother recently took a tumble and broke her clavicle and she's needed a lot of family support. On the up side, I've been celebrating a lot lately! My bridal shower, near here babies and decade birthdays to just name a few. 

It's all been time consuming but I used it inspiration for my version of catch up. I have an injured grandma, a sick neighbor, a friend that left me Tupperware full of lunch last month and dinner to make for my husband who's about to travel. What do you do? Well, you make a very large batch of chicken noodle soup! 

Everyone loves a chicken noodle soup, it's easy to make and it's a "go or grow" batch. Which means, you can take it to go as is or add your own vegetables and seasoning to help it grow. It's pretty affordable. And, I think I heard once that it's good for your soul. 😉 



So here is my easy peasy take on it: 

3 - 1 quart chicken broths 
1 rotisserie chicken, de-boned and cut to bite sized pieces 
3-4 stalks of celery, diced 
3-4 carrots, diced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 bag of egg noodles (or otherwise to choice) 
Seasoning, I use: salt, pepper, minced garlic, parsley and oregano. 

Directions are super easy: 

Put your broth into a large stock pot on medium covered. Add in onion, carrots and celery. Put on high heat until boil. Bring down to a slow simmer for 15-20 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add in chicken and seasoning to taste, let the flavors blend for another 10 minutes. Add in noodles and cook until they are al dente. Once complete, seperate and package for recipients. If they are going to get their soup to reheat, let it come down to room temperature before storing in refrigerator or freezing. That helps ensure the flavor and longevity of the dish. 

Easy, delicious and enjoyed by everyone. Hope you like it too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment