Monday, May 25, 2015

Sunday Summary: 2.15.15

This week started out on an extremely cute and happy note! H had his regular swim lesson on Monday morning and he couldn't have been happier. He loved learning and playing in the water. He even learned how to crawl out and jump into the water. Which he did very bravely. The bet part was during "Wheels on the Bus", when he was just squealing with joy! I'll post video soon.

Also this week, we had our monthly Ogden women's dinner at Cantoro's in Northville. Oh man, I had Penne with Vokda sauce, it was delicious. I've never had it with such flavorful sauce that included bacon, absolutely delicious. Their original shop is right around the corner from our old house. We used to get their lasagnas and tiramisu from to the deli. I thought that was good until I saw what they could  do on a grand scale, oh wow! I highly recommend shopping and eating in the restaurant there. 

This week was also Valentines Day! D "didn't realize" when he bought tickets for his annual Wings outing that it was the romantic holiday, but it worked out great. He took his dad and uncle, who have been extremely supportive this past year, to the game and the Olympia Club for dinner before. I on the other hand spent the night with my adorable date H, along with the other Hockey widow wives. We went out to dinner, had some drinks and laughed the night away. It was great! Don't worry, D made it up to me by letting me do a mini shopping spree for new maternity clothes. And a box of turtle chocolates. <3 

Today, I received one of the highest honors a girl can get. I was asked to be my niece Marnie's god mother at her baptism. It was so cool to stand up there and watch her start her journey in church. She wasn't extremely pleased with it but at least she's official. Poor little cutie could not get out of there fast enough, she just cried until she got to go to Sunday school! Never the less, I hope passing down a family bible from my great-grandmother, who was steadfastly faithful until the end, and a guardian angel cross necklace will help her remind her that we are here to support her in thighs is endeavor. 

As much as I loved that, I think the highlight of my week was seeing H start walking. Not just steps here and there, not figuring it out, not even accidentally gliding (or stumbling) across the floor. He's actually walking!!! Moving, grooving, almost running across the floor. He's even rocking shoes! Because of his fat feet, he kind of looks like he's wearing clown shoes. But still, he's walking!!! I'm so proud of my big boy and exhausted from chasing him. :-) 

So, crazy fun week. Excited for the next! 


No comments:

Post a Comment