Monday, May 25, 2015

Feel Better Friend Food!

I hate when my people don't feel good. In the past week one of my best friends had a new baby, one of D's best friends had sinus surgery and D hurt his back being in the field during a busy work week. I did what I know to do best, take care of my people! H & I added a few extra foods to our weekly grocery trip and came home to prepare a big batch of "Feel Better Friend Food". I call it FBF Batches. I got inspired from another bloggers foodie post on Pintrest, switched it up a little to suit my lifestyle and got to work! I'll share the recipe for 1 tray even though we ended up making 4!!!
 
What you need:
 
1 lb box of penne pasta, cooked
4 oz of frozen spinach, defrosted
1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 lb of smoked sausage
1 jar of pasta sauce (I used garlic flavor for an extra kick)
8 ounces of mozzarella cheese, separated in two equal parts
1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
Garlic, salt, pepper, basil and oregano to taste
 
 
How to do it:
 
Mix all prepared ingredients in large pot, with exception of 1/2 the cheese. Once mixed well place in 9 x 13 glass or metal dish. Spread remaining cheese on top and cover. At this point you can freeze or bake. If frozen first, defrost when desired and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
 
It was so good I actually ate almost all of one tray by myself for lunch/dinner over the course of 5 days week!

No comments:

Post a Comment