Monday, April 20, 2015

Let's Get Oily!

Haven't written much lately, life has been a roller coaster. Brought on by myself. 😊 You saw we hosted Easter. Then the plague returned to my house. Hosted a "Essential Oils Make & Take Class" and before I'm thoroughly bogged down with my birthday boys... I should share it with you!!

So, my friend Christina represents Young Living Essential Oils. I have been openly skeptic of their abilities. On some level I still am. BUT I will say that topically and through aromatherapy I have seen them work. Right before we moved, H was sick (again) with a cold. My lovely friend came over on her lunch break armed with Thieves and Lavender. She grabbed my coconut oil, mixed it and gave H a baby massage. He passed out, for the first time in days, for a four hour nap! The next day he was noticeably improving. Ever since then I have been intrigued. 

When she invited me to a make and take class at her work, I was bummed that I couldn't go. But it got me thinking, could I host one?! Thankfully, she said yes. 

Armed with bags full of ingredients, supplies and oils she arrived to set up. Four stations total were completed to make healthy living products with essential oils: laundry detergent, bath salts, sugar scrub and bug spray. She had everything prepare so it was super easy to complete but you felt involved enough to feel like you worked. When it was all said and done, we had a new understanding of what the oils can do for you, how to make the products and a bag full of goodies to try. 

Let me tell you, the sugar scrub has been awesome! I have had the driest skin I've ever had this winter and the scrub buffed it all way! The bug spray has been great for disinfecting bed linens and ours and the baby's room. Because we've all been so sick I've been using it almost daily. The laundry detergent has made our clothes not only clean but smell clean in a non offensive say to pregnant people. 😉 the bath salts and I have a date for this weekend. I'll let you know how much (I'm sure I will) love them too. 

All in all this is a cool way to introduce yourself to living healthy with oils. While I am not jumping into the capsulation of oils for medicinal purposes I am LOVING what I've discovered so far. If you know someone who represents essential oils you should ask if they can help you host a party like this too. That is, if they are as awesome as Christina! 😘 Or if you want to try her oils, contact her! 



****UPDATE****
Christina just posted this recipe for the bug spray we made. Now after you grab the ingredients from her you can try it! 


Side note: it's also a fun way to get cute babies together.

No comments:

Post a Comment