Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Quick & Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip

I recently had visit with a special request that I genuinely wanted to fulfill. After going out to dinner, upon my return home I had only minutes to prepare a stopping by guest's spinach artichoke dip. Now I know you can go almost anywhere and buy then dip but I prefer mine over anything store bought. So stubborn me taught an impromptu lesson to my mother-in-law on how to make my dip and it got rave reviews!




What you need: 
2 packages of cream cheese 
1 cup Parmesan cheese 
1 frozen package of spinach, thawed
2 cans of artichoke hearts, chopped 
1 tsp of minced garlic
Salt and pepper to taste 

How to make it: 
Combine all the ingredients in a medium pan over medium/high heat. Stir regularly until it all melts and blends. If it gets too too sticky, add 1/2 cup of chicken broth and some more seasoning. Voila! 

How easy is that? The whole price should take less than 15 minutes. I like to serve mine with veggies or tortilla chips but crackers and pita make for a good dipping option a well. For some calorie saving I use 1/3 less fat cheese. 

There you have it, enjoy!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment