Monday, January 26, 2015

My Favorite 2015 Spring Fashion Trends

have a confession, I just finished binge watching Southern Charm and season 3 of The Hills last week. It's official, I'M READY FOR SPRING!!! My ever optimistic self believes that if I "shop" for my most favorite new 2015 Spring trends then maybe the warm weather will come. Something to the Field of Dreams effect. 

In my digging, this season's trends did not disappoint. I'm loving the sherbet toned pastels, the bohemian influence (one of my personal favorite styles) and the clever, tasteful use of prints. Accessories trends such as platform shoes (yesssssss) make this shorty excited. Lets put it this way, I may be just as excited, if it not more, for the fashion this season than I am the sunshine drenched temps! 




Sherbet Pastels 
 My favorite color trend is what I'm calling "sherbet pastels". Yes, the same ones you finding the freezer section. And I love them. My top three are creamsicle, strawberry ice and Lucite green. Between these three anyone should find at least one that is flattering on their completion because they offer a wide range of tones. Here are some of my favorite picks that I found in these pantones. 
This creamsicle "Hello, Bow!" blouse is at www.modcloth.com for only $30. 

Strawberry Ice is another popular color this season, I'm over the moon about this popover dress from BCBGMAXAZARIA named 'Alyse' at www.nordstrom.com for $338. 

Finally, Lucite Green is coming out in full force. These Bermuda shorts from American Eagle are a great addition to your spring wardrobe for versatility alone. They go with a plethora of colors and can be dressed up with a collared shirt for a preppy look or down with a bikini top. Check them out at www.ae.com and buy them for $40. 


Clever Prints 
Yay prints are back! And they're not just floral this spring. My top picks are unexpected animal prints (think Alexander McQueen's jellyfish dress) and sophisticated gingham. 

I adore this cute little number by Lauren Moffatt available at www.modcloth.com for $123. 
Audrey Zebra Blouse, currently on sale for $40 at www.anthropologie.com.

Jellyfish Galaxy skirt from www.luulla.com, either for $20 with free shipping. 

Subtle sheer gingham from Maison Jules, $90, www.macys.com. 
Absolutely want this Diane von Furstenberg gingham cross body bag, $178, www.saksfifthavenue.com. 

White Lace


This is a touchy subject for me because while I love the look, I rarely wear it. Because, I spill everything! I'm going to focus on, what I like to call, disposable clothing so that if it picks up sangria on wear three it's not the end of the world. First up...
A flattering cut, white lace chevron dress, $28, www.forever21.com. 

Black Swan Society white lace shirts at www.lulus.com for $65. 

And if you're not brave like me... 
The Lucky Brand Rezdah 2, $89, www.macys.com. 


Bohemian Night 

One of my favorite personal styles, it's so free spirit yet feminine. This season, trends are focusing on boho night looks. 
Oh my, love.... Belinda Dress by Tularosa, $199, www.threadsence.com. 
I don't know where you go at night but I really hope that it's somewhere you can rock this X's and Geo's dress from www.modcloth.com, $55. 

Platforms 

Yay, I feel like a kid on Christmas! 
I need these in my life, $148, www.freepeople.com. 
Blue by Betsey Johnson, Crush Platform, $139, www.macys.com. 
Michael Kors' Poesy, $145, www.macys.com.


Alright, there you have it, my favorite fashion trends of 2015 Spring. I can't wait to start shopping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment