Monday, November 24, 2014

Sunday Summary: 11.23.14

Well, it's parade time! I worked a bit these past few days so there isn't a whole lot to share. But, here's what I've got!

Monday, H had his first swim class! The gym is offering a special one month of lessons so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity for us to try it out. He loved it!!! There are 4 other kids and their parents in his class. An 18 month old girl, a pair of two year old boys and a three year old boy. Surprisingly, they're not all further along them him. So it was really cool not to feel like we were dragging the class down. He learned how to kick, he went on his back and he even reached underwater for his toy. His only real struggle will be trying to keep his mouth shut! He just wants to put everything in it and the pool water is no exception. He was so cute though, happy as a clam. I can't wait to go back next week! 
Tuesday, my busy day kind of fell apart. I pretty much just ran a lot of errands, oh and our washing machine broke! 
Wednesday, I spent half my day researching, purchasing and preparing for our new washer. If you're reading this and local, Bill & Rod's Appliance in Livonia was awesome! I went in at 10:00 am with $270 and 4 hours later a new washer was delivered and installed. And they hauled my old one off!!!
Thursday, I was on soup delivery detail. I had made an extra large batch of dill pickle soup and dropped it off to my friend who was housebound with HFM, took a large bin to my parents and another to my grandma. She just loves watching H plays, it's so cool to see, even when her dog Frankie and H played tug-o-war over his dog bed. Ended up passing the last of the soup of to GUP on Sunday, much to my Aunt Trish's disapproval. She thought it smelled bad! Lol
Friday, as you may have seen in my previous post I worked at WDIV Local 4 for the Hob a noble gobble coverage of the Parade Company's annual black tie parade week kick off. I was a blast! I won't bore you with re-writing the details but if you want them read the piece on it.
Saturday, I woke up with the intention to reorganize my life. I actually just worked at home, cleaned my kitchen and went Christmas shopping. Still productive but a lot more fun!! That night, we went out for our friend's 30th. Happy Birthday Jenna!!!! They all went to see a band at the bar but since we're old we just went over for the pre-party at their house. Had a few drinks, D smoked a cigar, had some laughs and called it a night. We stopped at the new Applebee's on the way home. Oh my god, terrible service, bad food, wrong order. I seriously doubt I'll ever go back! Shame too cause I was really excited about it coming.


Sunday, I woke up early, we went to Leon's for our usual breakfast and I headed off to work. We had to put books together for the parade. Books = scripts + pictures + run downs + lineups. It doesn't seem that involved but it is mainly because there are all these little steps. Print the scripts, print the pictures backwards so they face the scripts, flip through the scripts and put in the pictures, make and assemble tabs, make covers..... It goes on. Six hours of BeyoncĂ© radio and 3 coffees later it as done. Why so much coffee? The work is so tediously boring you'll fall asleep otherwise. Afterward, I was weird up and bowled 3 games on our league night. After days of witty competitive prodding, it was really nice to take 5 points from my Mom's team. Last and most look forwarded to moment of the week: snuggling Briscoe in the pitch black watching the new episode of The Walking a Dead. My gosh, that show is incredible.

There you have it!! Another week has come and another week has gone. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment