Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Sunday Summary: 11.16.14

Posting this a little late cause my week has been hectic! This week isn't letting up much either. What's got me so busy? Well here we have it: 

Monday -- I woke up feeling unwell. I wasted time Tuesday going to urgent care to hear I probably have a cold. (That'll be $50 please!) I still kept my weekly garbage date at Grandma's though! No sense in making her worry just cause I have a little cold. Honestly, I think my body just hates the winter. It will do anything to keep my b*tt inside. 
Wednesday things got better, I didn't go to our play date because it was cancelled. However, my friend LeaLu came over anyway for a visit. She spoils me. Brought us a bag full of H clothes and about half a dozen bags of frozen baby food! I learned H likes squash. Thursday, I went to a local author'a presentation of his book "Detroit's Thanksgiving Day Parade". (Which by the way is technically named America's Thanksgiving Day Parade) Anyway, his name is Romie Minor and he's a historian friend of my librarian great-uncle Paul. It was interesting, I learned a bit about the parade that I've been a part of for the last 8 years. The coolest part for me was spending time with GUP and maybe that I have another author autographed copy of a book.
Oh also, H said "dada", here he is after being so proud! 
 
Friday was busy too! We went to the gym for the 5th day in a row. When we got home my mom stopped to smoosh H for a second before my friend Christina stopped by. The two of us drank coffee and sat on my couch chatting for hours! It was lovely. D played poker with his group that night, so I settled in with meatloaf and a scary movie. Two things D does not care for. Sadly, he came home 30 mins into the movie! Poker did not go well. Saturday, D ended up working (surprise) and I took H to the gym for the 6th day that week. He loves day care. The night was pretty relaxed, we went to "Food On Grill"a local middle eastern restaurant for dinner. It was pretty good, except the server didn't speak English well and gave me the wrong food. It was still yummy.

Plus, I don't think there is a "wrong food" with middle eastern. He was really good at replacing fallen silverware. Like the butler in Mr. Deeds quick when I dropped H's spoon on the floor. Oh, he doesn't like lentil bean soup. I must change that. 
Then on Sunday, for some odd reason I felt compelled at the crack of dawn to pick the family up and had the big boys for brunch. It was our typical Sunday fare but this time felt a little off… wasn't sure I wanted to go there so bad until I looked at my placemat and it said "fall in love with pie". This is going to sound goofy and I don't believe in this kind of thing but it was such a Nardo moment it was like I was supposed to be there and having it. I can't wait for Hayden to get older so I can teach him about my grandpa.
The rest of the day we just kind of hung around the house and went to celebrate D's parents 10th anniversary with a big family dinner at a nice restaurant Steve and Rocky's in Novi. The presentation was beautiful, especially the dessert. I had a Cesar Salad and an Aacorn Squash for an entree.
The desert rock was unreal too.

But, the company was the best. ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment