Thursday, July 24, 2014

Foodie Find!

I'm so glad my first official post on this blog is about food! I'm kind of forcing myself to be a health nut because post baby is not pretty. I always said if I had a fresh salad bar in my house I'd eat it everyday but let's face it, I'd eat chili cheese fries everyday if they were in my house too. So that was my first change, stocking my fridge with healthy & prepping it to be convenient. Next up I decided encourage my cravings and harness my adventurous side. Inspired by summer menus everywhere, my new most favorite food combo is watermelon and feta!


I just cut up a seedless watermelon half and sprinkled feta crumbles on top.

My friend saw this post on Twitter last week and wanted to try it. So, for Jim's birthday party this past weekend, I brought over a watermelon feta salad kicked up a notch. It was a bed of balsamic vinaigrette tossed fresh arugula underneath some sliced watermelon and topped with an organic feta. Delicious, healthy, easy & a party hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment