Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Easter Baskets for Everyone!


Spoiler alert: Hayden, Damon or parental unit don't look!!! 


One of the great joys in staying home is being ahead of the game. No running around like a chicken with my head cut off planning holidays! This year, it is Tuesday and I've already hid my responsibility's  Easter baskets for Sunday morning. #winning 

While I was stashing it got me thinking, I have created Easter baskets for "everyone" this year. A small person, a spouse and a pair of parents. Then I thought, why not share? I got a little creative & maybe some of you will appreciate that while you get your creative juices flowing in time for some last minute shopping. But let me warn you, if you haven't already shopped hurry cause Target was bananas today. :-) 

Basket #1 - The Littlest Person

H will only be 1 next month, which was surprisingly challenging. I wanted to do something to start a tradition but I also wanted to put limits or goals on it. It had to be practical, it had to be inexpensive & he had to like it! This is what I came up with: 
Clockwise top left: bubbles (!!! Supervised only of course but this will at least get him outside), foam book for the bath, Annie's Animal Cookies, minion socks, 2 rompers and a Ninja Turtle ball he helped himself to while shopping. Total cost: $19.00


Basket #2 - The Spouse

D is pretty easy to read, focus on the things he likes. Some of his favorites are money, meat & chocolate. My goal was really just to make him happy. I'm pretty sure I'll just add a 6 pack of his favorite beer and round this basket out. 
Clockwise starting top left: Forbes magazine, summer sausage (switching up the predictable jerky), and the trifecta. Which is a good chocolate bunny, "bunny food" (Reese's pieces carrot) and "bunny eggs" (Cadburys). Total cost: $17.00 // $25.00 with beer. 


Basket #3 - The Parents 

Yes, it may seem a bit strange to get my parents an Easter basket but you know what? I like it. I like them. Any they deserve it. This year, I wanted to do all food, which is hard when one of them is on a serious diet and the other is a serious sweets horder. So my goal for this one was to balance it out. 
Clockwise starting top left: Skinny Pop, Peeps mini pack, Jelly Beam tube, Skinny Girl Chocolate a pretzel bars, Reese's Pieces carrot, mini Robin Eggs, traditional Cadbury Cream Eggs and a Yankee Candle travel air fresher in Peeps scent! Total cost: $23.00

There you have it, a little bit of Easter love for all ages and flavors. And don't worry, I didn't forget about my favorite fuzzy friends either.... they'll be getting flat friends & denta sticks! 

Hope this inspires you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment